Monday, April 20, 2015

ABC Countdown to the Last Day!

This is so not about technology, or really teaching ideas. It is all about having a little fun at the end of the school year.

At the end of last year, we were hit with so many assessments, kids and adults alike were thrilled the school year was over. It broke my heart that I was not able to say goodbye properly to my students. The last month felt like the downhill side of a roller coaster. 

This year I am taking some precautions. Last year I heard of another teacher in my school doing and ABC countdown to the end of the year and loved the idea! I thought to myself, ..next year! Well it almost slipped by until I saw that another teacher friend of mine was planning one and allowed me to steal a copy. It was wonderful, except there were a couple of things that did not apply to my class. For instance, a field trip. 

So, like any modern day teacher, I got on Pinterest. I found three that I liked and printed them off and then picked and chose my favorites. My hopes are that this will help us all be certain to enjoy at least a few moments those last few days of assessments. 
This is my final copy of our countdown:



This was A day!







Dressing up always makes someone feel special and it is an easy thing to add to a day!
Tomorrow is Buddy Day! I can hardly wait to see what the kids come up with!


No comments:

Post a Comment